List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Categories
From:       Mirko Boehm <mirko.boehm () home ! com>
Date:       2001-08-23 3:05:45

Hi guys,

as mentioned some weeks before, I was waiting until the end of the CVS
freeze to start implementing categories and grouping in libkab.
For first, please comment the following ideas on categories that I am
about to add to the library:

I want to add a structure of defined categories to the addressbook and
store a list of indizes of selected categories with each entry. By this,
changes in the name of a category do affect all entries assigned to it
(it is like simulating a relational database structure). The user may
change the defined categories and assign categories to entries.

Here are some questions:

- do categories have additional properties besides names?
- what has to be done to make this structure compatible to the palm
conduit?
- ...

Your comments welcome.

--Mirko.