List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: More Korganizer printing (bug 7934)
From:       Larry Wright <larry.tami () gte ! net>
Date:       2001-06-26 11:11:20

On Monday 25 June 2001 03:54 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> I don't think the indentation looks strange, if you keep the due date
> at the same position independent of the nesting depth. Then it looks
> more or less like the view on the screen.

This is a good idea, but after the 2nd or 3rd level of indentation (depending
on the length of the summary text), much of the summary will have to be cut
off, otherwise it will run into the due date.

> Switching to landscape is another option, but I think this should be
> left to the user.

I agree. If it looks like garbage, they'll quickly figure it out.

A thought has occurred... Where does the "Category" field fit into all of
this? I woudl think it more useful to group by that on the printed output,
but I am probably just used to Outlook. In a way, it seems a little redundant
to have a category as well as the sub todo feature. THey seem to serve
basically the same purpose, except the sub-todo allows deeper levels.  Unless
you're creating Gantt charts, the multiple levels of todo seems to be of
limited usefulness. Like you said, after a couple of levels it won't even
look very good on screen.

Anyway, when we get around to giving the user some choices as to how they
want things printed, it might be a nice idea to let them choose to have them
grouped by category instead of arranging them hierarchically.

Larry