List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Korganizer printing
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-20 9:25:36

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 04:53, Larry Wright wrote:

> Here are a couple of others I have looked at:
> #27012: korganizer month view printing, states that there is a mini-month
> at the top of the page, that shows the previous month instead of  the
> current month. According to the comments in the code, this is by design.
> That *would* seem a little redundant. I have a solution that may alleviate
> any confusion, which is to add the following month, in addition to the
> previous month. This should make it a little more clear. I have attached a
> patch that will do this.

Thanks. Patch applied.

> #24039:
> "Using KOrganizer 2.1, I select Print | Day | I can not print more than one
> page of data.  My appointments range from 8:00 AM until 21:00, but only
> from8:00 AM to 19:00 prints on the sheet."
> I looked at the code and here is what I found:
>     if ((startTime >= mStartHour)  &&
> 	(endTime <= (mStartHour + 12))) {
> which looks to effectively cut off appointments if they occur more than 12
> hours after the start of the day, i.e. if the day starts at 7am, anything
> after 7pm will not be printed. So, the question becomes do we add code to
> pring one day over multiple pages, or try to scale everything to fit on one
> page (I'm not sure if this is even possible)? The other option is of course
> to just say this is by design and let it go at that.

I think all events of a day should be printed and they should be printed on
one page. Perhaps we need some configuration options to adjust to different
user preferences, but that has to till after 2.2 For now I would say,
compress the table (either by reducing the number of displayed hours, or by
making the fields smaller) and print events outside these hours below or
above the table.

By the way, did you have a look at bug report 7934?