List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: SyncML
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 19:28:58

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 18:45, Marko Gronroos wrote:
> I just noticed that many developers of mobile devices (IBM, Nokia,
> Palm, etc.) have developed a ML and a protocol for synchronizing
> devices and PCs. See www.syncml.org. Is that relevant for kde-pim?

It is relevant. It defines a protocol for performing synchronisation of
mobile devices with a syncing server. It could be interesting for us to
add SyncML client interfaces to our programs like KPilot, Kandy or
KOrganizer. For this to be really useful we would also need a free
SyncML server implementation. I'm not aware of anybody working on such
a thing. Could be a very interesting project...