List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: abbrowser future changes
From:       Nick Papadonis <npapadon () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-23 7:14:25

Mirko Boehm <mirko.boehm@home.com> writes:
> Anyway, I think when creating a server process, it should
> 1. integrate more than the address book, for example the organizer and
> other things, too
> 2. should be able to run for a work group. That is why I did not use
> DCOP for now.
>
> I have a basic idea to create a server environment that has loadable
> services and a DCOP-like interface and runs on any host (without KDE
> running necessarily). Services could be address book, organizer, buddy
> lists, browser lists etc.
>
> But this is a long way to go.
>
> How about this?

Maybe someone should create some sort of 'Data Flow Diagram'?  If
someone could put something like this online, I would be willing to
hack a piece.  IMHO having some type of connection diagram for all of
KDEPIM would speed up development by allowing concurrent work.

This would also give an idea of what everyone really wants.

--
- Nick