List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Korganizer mail integration
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-11-02 17:53:06

On Tuesday 31 October 2000 15:58, Barry D Benowitz wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I wanted to get my two cents into the hat, before I forget that the subject
> came back on the table and before I forget what I learned from reading the
> standards way back when.
>
> First, the standard calls for all calendar information to be maintained in
> plain text, with a specific MIME type, text/ical or something like that.
> Thus calendar information is delivered in a plain mail message and some
> information can be gathered just by reading the MIME attachment. Some
> modern mailers have helper programs already, to deal with other MIME types,
> such as JPG, or audio. We'd need to provide one to interpret into
> Korganizers format. This will get simpler as Korganizer adopts the ical
> standard.
>
> The last time I looked, it was not very easy to add helper applications to
> kmail, Perhaps that has changed. That would be key to fully integrating
> korganizer stuff into mail.

There is no plugin mechanism yet AFAIK.
However, if you feel like adding one that fits your needs you are
welcome to join kmail@kde.org and discuss this topic there.

I am still out of coding, so I cannot promise you anything. But if you
talk to the current developers on said list...

Kind regards,
Stefan