List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Debugging Korganizer using gdb
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () asic ! uni-heidelberg ! de>
Date:       2000-05-21 0:46:44

Barry Benowitz wrote:

> I'm starting to look at debugging a problem, but I can't use gdb. Every time I
> try, korganizer generates a DCP error. Is there a trick I don't know about?

Run "gdb .libs/lt_korganizer" or "gdb korganizer" if you have made make
install. Then in the debugger set the args to --nofork: "set arg
--nofork" and "run" the program. It prints out app.exec(). Then start
korganizer in another shell: "./korganizer" or "korganizer". The
KOrganizer instance started within the debugger will continue to run and
you can debug it as usual.

KOrganizer is a KUniqueApplication and this is the reason why you need
this trick to debug it. More information might be found in the mailing
list archive of kde-devel.

--
Cornelius Schumacher
Kirchhoff-Institut fuer Physik / ASIC Labor