List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Attempt to make kdepim compile
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2000-03-15 0:37:00

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> Two problems remain: When doing a make in the kdepim directory ...
> else? The other problem is that kpilot seems to have problems with its
> Makefiles. Again I don't know how to fix this. It probably requires some
> major reorganisation of kpilot makefiles. It also appears strange to me
> that kpilot contains another kpilot subdir. This should probably called
> src.

The KPilot currently in the KDE2 CVS isn't actually the KDE2 port of
KPilot - at least not as of two weeks ago. This is a historical
inaccuracy. As for the directory naming scheme, well, you're probably
right. KPilot is also dependent on pilot-link, which isn't included with
KDE. Many people have it installed though, so you never notice. But it is
a problem, and I believe that Dan's intentions with the KDE2 port of
KPilot is to a) actually re-write the whole thing so it fits in with KDE2
and b) to dump pilot-link and include the libs in KPilot.