List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Some pop3 kioslave enhancements
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       1999-12-28 0:37:51

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Don Sanders wrote:

> I have extended slotGet in the pop3 kioslave, the following commands are now
> supported.
>
> URI
>  Command   Result
> ---------------------

> pop://user:pass@domain/index
>  LIST      List message sizes
> pop://user:pass@domain/uidl
>  UIDL      List message UIDs

Eeek.  No.  This should be exposed with just pop://user:pass@host/ and a
few custom directory atoms or whatever they're called.

> pop://user:pass@domain/remove/#1
>  DELE #1   Mark a message for deletion

Eek, no.  There should be a delete method too.

> pop://user:pass@domain/download/#1
>  RETR #1   Get message header and body

> pop://user:pass@domain/list/#1
>  LIST #1   Get size of a message

Eek no, don't do that.  There's already a getsize method common to all
ioslaves.

> pop://user:pass@domain/uid/#1
>  UIDL #1   Get UID of a message

Again, another custom directory entry (inode perhaps) should be used here.

> pop://user:pass@domain/commit
>  QUIT      Delete marked messages
> pop://user:pass@domain/headers/#1
>  TOP #1    Get header of message

Also, for all those that do only parts of a message, my indended goal was
to use ? style parameters so that you could do:

pop://host/1?show=headers-only

or some such.

- alex