On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Don Sanders wrote: > I've forwarded this in case anyone wants to comment on it. > > I don't have much to say, other than that I think kfm should handle this rather > than the calling app, (that is like the old kfm). If sometime in the future a > standard mail transfer API is created kfm can be updated to use it. Just to let you know: There's no kfm anymore.... ;-) And I vote against putting a static "mailto:" hack into KRun. Bye, Simon > On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote: > > On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Espen Sand wrote: > > > > > Earlier I did a kfm.openURL( "mailto:espensa@online.no" ); > > > to open kmail from the application. > > > > > > When I try the new class KRun: > > > new KRun(QString("mailto:espensa@online.no")); > > > I get the messages: > > > > > > Unknown protocol mailto > > > kiolib (ProtocolManager): Protocol mailto not found > > > Unknown protocol mailto > > > > > > Is this protocol not yet implemented or should I do something else > > > to get this working? > > > > The old kfm contained a short hack which filtered out "mailto:xyz" urls > > and statically called kmail. > > > > This hack (obviously) doesn't exist anymore. > > > > I suggest calling kmail directly then > > > > *or* > > > > you could also wait for a standard mail transfer API on the long run. > > > > Where are the kde-pim guys? ;-) > > > > BFN, > Don. >