On Montag, 9. April 2018 10:09:25 CEST Daniel Vr=E1til wrote: > Hi Martin, >=20 >=20 > On Saturday, 7 April 2018 14:36:35 CEST Martin Koller wrote: > > There is the method itemMoved() in a resource. > > As the name suggest, I assume this is called AFTER the akonadi server > > already changed the database entries, right ? >=20 > Correct. >=20 > >=20 > > What happens when the resource can not finish the real move on the stor= age ? > > In my case, maildir, itemMoved() fails due to an already existing file = with > > the same name in the destination folder, and it calls cancelTask(). > >=20 > > In which state is the database after this failure ? >=20 > The database is "wrong" for a while, but the email still exists in the ma= ildir=20 > in the old location, so in the next sync the email should reappear in the= =20 > original folder. it does not ... =20 > > In my case I find in the mySQL db only ONE entry with this remoteId in = the > > final folder. So the mail file is still on disk in my inbox but it's no= t in > > the DB. >=20 > That's the expected inconsistency after the move but before the sync. But I have this inconsistency since weeks (the mail in my inbox is from March, 14th 2018) and "update folder", restart of akonadi, etc. does not ch= ange that. The situation is, the one file is in the final folder, and the DB has the i= nformation that it's in the final folder, but the same filename is also in the inbox b= ut no entry in the DB tells that. What I do see is in the target folder is: this exact mail is shown HUNDREDS= of times in kmail! I have no idea why, since this entry is only once in the DB (but = I have 1036 rows with a NULL remoteId ... don't know if that is related. =2D-=20 Best regards/Sch=F6ne Gr=FC=DFe Martin A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion Q: Why is top posting bad? () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail=20 /\ - against proprietary attachments Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at