List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Simplifying Korganizer
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-09-12 16:31:12

Hello,

On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 13:28:53 CEST laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mardi 12 septembre 2017, 11:51:44 CEST Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> > On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 08:14:58 CEST laurent Montel wrote:
> > > So people use korganizer as single apps. He doesn"t want to know 3
> > > differents program name for it.
> > > For sure we will not split korganizer in 3 different apps.
> >
> > Olivier's point make sense in my opinion. Honestly I think you're being
> > over- conservative here.
>
> nope just an user which doesn't want to start 2 or 3 applications for doing
> his work.

There's another face to that coin, if I want to see both my task organization
and my calendar, with only KOrganizer I can't. Luckily I use Zanshin for my
tasks but otherwise the constant switching would make me nuts.

That's what you get when you try to be an application shell at the wrong level
of abstraction.

If you want a single application to start, that's Kontact...

> And in kontact it will be necessary to switch between "part"  for doing it.

Which is the same amount of clicks than switching views in KOrganizer. It's
just more discoverable and more homogeneous to the user.

> Ok for journal, I never used it.

Again, I don't think it has many users, period.

> But for sure I use korganizer for event/task/todo, for sure we will not help
> user if we need to ask them to start 2 differents apps for doing it.

Please re-read me carefully: it's in fact limiting the user not empowering
her.

> Currently we see all info in same apps, in the future it will be necessary
> to switch between apps/parts for having a summary.

I don't see why, currently you don't have a summary, you switch views
*anyway*.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net