List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Usability testing
From:       Sandro =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Knau=DF?= <knauss () kolabsys ! com>
Date:       2015-04-23 23:17:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hey,

> Another missing part is basic server configuration (URL + port + protocol).
> I'd like to do something like thunderbird does. Basically the wizard only
asks for the name and the email, and then does its magic, leaving kmail in an
unready state. I personnaly don't think that the wizard is worth fixing in its
current form, that's why I'd like to propose a new one.

Kolab has improved the acountwizard at lot. Our aim to reach was you enter
your emailadress+password and than everything else it setup for you. For the
kolabresource we have reached that point :) (the patch for that is ready at my
computer for review...)

But you make your point, that afterwards the user is lost, so he has to deal
with multiple config dialogs. To change freebusy information you have to go to
korganizer, for ldap you have to change inside kaddressbook, for imap & smtp
change inside kmail. And all these were entered from the accountwizard.

Regards,

sandro
--
Sandro Knauß