List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Usability testing
From:       Sandro =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Knau=DF?= <mail () sandroknauss ! de>
Date:       2015-03-03 22:25:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hey,

> Sandro : From what I know, KWallet supports using GNUPG for encryption. I
> propose tying that to email signing/decryption as a default. It works for
> me : my current setup is encrypting the wallet and signing/decrypting mails
> using the same key. Any thoughts? (Just an initial idea...)

kwallet and mail encryption are two different things:
* kwallet is storing passwords for accessing an sever
* gpg for mails is encrypting/signing content

if you select gnupg encrytion for kwallet, than the password are encrypted by
a gpgkey. But this does not make any difference to email signing/decryption.
If you want to enable default encryption/signing you have to add the key to
the identity:

kmail->settings->kmail settings
identities -> select identity -> change->crypto -> add keys
security-> create messages -> check things you want.

Reagds,

sandro