List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] akonadinext update: entity processing pipelines in resources
From:       Christian Mollekopf <chrigi_1 () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2014-12-18 11:38:50

On Wednesday 17 December 2014 18.19:19 Sandro Knau=DF wrote:
> Hey,
> =

> >Everything read-only is easy to parallelize:
> Read-only is great - never change the mail after it enters kmail will sol=
ve
> a couple of bad signatures bugs :) But keep in mind that every spam
> detector I know changes the mail aka adds header fields. =

We could also add a filter that runs the spam detection, but then throws th=
e =

modified mail away, only extracting the flags we need. Unless there is a =

reason we do want this as actual headers in the mail.

> So I think we have
> to differ between:
> * filter that do not change anything
> * filter that add/change header fields (indexer want to index these new
> headers too)
> * filter that changes the content
> * filter that move things
> * maybe many filters only act on special headers, so filters should gives
> this information to the filtering process

I don't think we need to add mail specifics to the filters, something like =

this should be enough:
* filter that move mails first
* filter that produce additional data next (i.e. various flags)
* indexing filter last (so they have all information available)

Cheers,
Christian