List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] IRC meeting notes
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-12-01 16:27:32

full log: http://paste.kde.org/pwst8wmar

Agenda:
- KDEPIMLibs split
- Akonadi Next status update
- Qt5 release
- Regular meeting schedule

* KDEPIMLibs split *
Everything seems to be compiling already, ready to be split.

Suggested actions:
- dvratil makes sure KPimUtils is killed
- apol works on splitting the non-akonadi dependent libraries
- dvratil gives them a peer review check
- the new modules are pushed
- MAINTAINERS -> metadata.yaml, during which point we identify null
maintainership positions
- get mainatiners
- deal with the akonadi libs next

* Akonadi Next *
There's a proof of concept [1] being worked on by cmollekopf and aseigo.
It will be moving to git.kde.org soon. 2 people agreed, no objections.

* Release Schedule *
We will be having a new meeting in Jan 2015 when hopefully we'll have a
better overview of how hard would it be to make a serious commitment
towhards when there's going to be a proper release. 3 people agreed, no
objections

cmollekopf portraited the following scenario:
- we continue maintaining qt4 akonadi
- we declare the qt5 kontact as developer preview and continue working
towards QML API's and such
- we continue to maintain qt4 kontact for users
- once akonadi-next is done we switch over and work towards a
qt5/akonadi-next release

Still needs to be seen how possible it would be to get kdepimlibs-qt5 to
communicate with akonadi-qt. There's the rumor it's possible but nobody has
tried so far. It's also possible we'll to port akonadi1 libraries on top of
akonadi-next libraries, so applications won't need to be explicitly ported
one by one to the new akonadi idioms once the new server is ready, even
though there will be a new set of libraries to access it.

* Regular Meeting Schedule *
It was suggested to have bi-weekly meeting scheduled. Next one to be the
15th. (3 people agreed, no objections)
dvratil will send invitations (no objections)

[1] https://github.com/aseigo/toynadi