Am Samstag, 1. November 2014, 10:36:26 schrieb Martin Steigerwald: > Hello Pimsters, > > I am using KDEPIM 4.14.2 at the moment and it mostly works quite well. > Better than others versions before. > > Yet I have one issue: Sometimes it appears to me KMail looses connection to > Akonadi completely. Then it just sits there, displaying the blue retrieving > display I do not see often or for long anymore with my POP3 and Dovecot IMAP > setups at least (with Exchange IMAP at work this is a different story), or > displaying the wait animation at the folders I click on in the folder list, > while at the same time Akonadi is doing *nothing*. > > It sits there like this then. > > I can even restart Akonadi, but KMail would still sit there, apparently > waiting for an Akonadi that at the same time actually is ready to serve. > > Only when I also restart KMail and just closing the window and starting it > again often is not enough, I need to really make sure the process is gone by > using killall kmail (with SIGTERM, no SIGKILL needed). Then everything > works again for quite a while usually. I also tried out now *just* restarting KMail while leaving Akonadi alone. This worked also. I just have to make sure KMail process is gone, closing its main application window in that case is not sufficient to achieve this. -- Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7 _______________________________________________ KDE PIM mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/