List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] ItemSync issues, further investigation
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-10-03 16:35:30

So, I gather from the recent replies (thanks Christian and Dan) that all my problems \
come from the changes in ItemSync... More debug output in ItemSync shows this:

Akonadi::ItemSync::slotResult: 103 "Multiple merge candidates, aborting"

[then it keeps going with more calls to slotTransactionResult, and then some \
readyForNextBatch like this]

akonadi_imap_resource_0(26958)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSyncPrivate::checkDone: \
readyForNextBatch 100 akonadi_imap_resource_0(26958)/libakonadi \
Akonadi::ItemSyncPrivate::checkDone: readyForNextBatch 100

and then suddenly this happens:

akonadi_imap_resource_0(26958) ImapResourceBase::startTask:
akonadi_imap_resource_0(26958) ResourceTask::start: Starting task \
RetrieveItemsTask(0x123cfb0) ResourceTask::onSessionRequested: task \
RetrieveItemsTask(0x123cfb0) session request says 13 7 "Could not create another \
extra connection to the IMAP-server imap.gmx.com." ResourceTask::onSessionRequested: \
Cancelling this request. Probably there is no more session available.

But, but, the item sync is not done, the emitResult in itemsync.cpp wasn't emitted.
However I found out why taskDone was called:

the ItemSync job gets this string from the akonadiserver:
"NO There is no transaction in progress"
which leads to a direct emitResult() in akonadi/job.cpp:65.

=>

1) Maybe this should be caught by ItemSync to abort everything else it's doing?

2) Why does the akonadiserver reply that? Because it stopped after "Multiple merge \
candidates, aborting"? But then the comment in itemsync that says "let's keep going" \
(after the first error) is wrong?

3) What does "Multiple merge candidates, aborting" mean? I can reproduce this \
reliably by selecting my "archive" folder (5k emails).

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5