List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Akonadi mail performance outlook
From:       GEO <1g2e3o4 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-02 16:16:26

On Friday 02 May 2014 11:28:22 Daniel Vr=E1til wrote:
> > 3.) During the folder sync, it is nearly impossible to click a message =
in
> > the folder. You will have to wait extremely long. This should not be the
> > case. Fetching a message content should be completely independent from
> > syncing the folder and should only be limited by physical things like
> > connection speed, disk i/o, cpu load, ram etc.
> =

> It cannot be independent, because in the background it shares the same =

> database, where database locking and long transactions (known problem,
> again)   lead to retrieval operations taking long time.

So there is nothing there can be done about that? Not even in theory?
This is a major limitation imho. =

So the database is locked for writes during the sync right? But akonadi kno=
ws =

which message to sync ... It could do that and commit changes to the databa=
se =

when lock is over, no? What are the special things it does have to write to =

the database which is locked? I suppose the read/unread flag in the first p=
lace =

and for imap the message contents right? Couldn't the message you are tryin=
g =

to read be fetched into a buffer that is queued to commit to the database =

later?