List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] [Akonadi] Merging parttable-optimization branch to master
From:       Daniel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Vr=E1til?= <dvratil () redhat ! com>
Date:       2013-11-20 15:09:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[This only concerns those who use Akonadi from master]

Hi all (who use Akonadi from master :-)),

I finally merged Volker's parttable-optimization branch into master [0]
(wooohoo!). This means that once you update Akonadi, your PartTable schema
will be migrated. This can take some time (5-10 minutes, depends on how large
your PartTable is and what DB you use) during which you won't be able to use
any Akonadi-based apps (they will show a nice "Please wait while we
destr^Wmigrate all your PIM data" messsage).

I successfully tested the migration on all 3 supported backends, but I'd still
like if you could run Akonadi manually from console after you update it so in
case of failure we can get some data and I can fix it. I don't expect any
troubles, but one can never know and I'd like the migration to go smoothly
once we ship to users in 4.13.

Thanks for help!

Dan

[0] http://commits.kde.org/akonadi/7b567472dbb89fed54d1cb2ffe808d89757022b7

=2D-
Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348