Hi, Sascha Cunz wrote: > > Thank you so much for this answer, Andras. With this information (and the > new(?) display in kmail's status bar that translates to "downloading > missing message bodies") I finally start to realize why the > synchronization of my disconnected imap is so slow and (In > Akonadi-Console) always seemed to be repetive. > > Somewhen in the past I had used a not-so-good combination of Akonadi and > DBMail. During that time I've lost many mail's content (body) and I now > have approximately 40000 mails distributed over some folders in my IMAP > account that do not have neither headers nor a body. Unfortunately past bugs could cause mail without bodies. I have a few of them.... > I never realized that this would actually be a problem. But your > explanation makes it pretty obvious. > > So, I'm now wondering: Are you planning to add a "I have already tried to > download this mail's body"-flag to the akonadi database? I'm not sure what would be the good solution. A mail without body is mostly useless, but of course automatic removal is not good. The reason of introducing the "missing body checker" is because two issues: 1) (again due to bugs) you could end up with bodies not cached in disconnected imap, meaning you can't read your mail while your offline. Hit me hard a few times while I was on the road... 2) makes possible to switch and online imap account to a disconnected one, as the difference between them is basically what is permanently cached (online doesn't cache the body). Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate between a mail that doesn't have a body and a mail that does have, but is not cached. We could introduce indeed some heuristics that if the body is not there also after a full sync, flag the mail as problematic, but I didn't consider this to be a big problem. Maybe it is... > Also: Is there an easy way to identify those mails and remove them? I've > since switched to dovecot, so I should probably be able to isolate those > mails in the server's filesystem. But - of course - I would prefer a not > so invasive way of doing that. It is possible to do some database query to find them, but you'd need to delete them manually. http://www.afiestas.org/kdepim-sprint-2-understanding-and-diagnosing-akonadi/ should give a hint. Andras _______________________________________________ KDE PIM mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/