On Tuesday 07 May 2013 7:19 PM Jan Kundr=E1t wrote: > On Tuesday, 7 May 2013 17:31:05 CEST, O. Sinclair wrote: > > With IMAP and Exchange (not supported by Kmail) you have to understand > > that > > location matters. Where connection is expensive and erratic you > > want your mail > > ON YOUR DEVICE where you can deal with drafts offline. Filter rules are= on > > your device and should be. > = > This is interesting. I'm not suggesting that Trojita will work well for y= ou > at this time, but I'm pretty sure that there is no reason for not using > IMAP, actually. Using IMAP will bring you the following benefits: > = > - a primary copy will be stored on your server as well, so that when your > house gets flooded or on fire, or when your PC gets stolen you won't lose > your data, - you can set up your e-mail client to ignore all spam without > ever having to fetch it over your expensive link, - you can access some of > the data in the e-mail even before the big attachments are downloaded to > your machine, > = > etc. > = > You are right that most IMAP e-mail clients are not particularly > well-designed for offline modifications (like moving messages between > folders); that is likely going to be a showstopper here. Perhaps Trojita > will be able to do this in a few months. You could be right on the "serverside backup" issue but the fact is that I = am = often restricted in how much I can pay for in that regard. = Now we are about to switch to outlook.com (NOT my choice...) and will have = 25 = Gb mailbox size so I guess from now on that is no longer an issue. Will see how that works out - and I do "keep an eye" on Trojita ;-) Kind regards, Orjan Sinclair _______________________________________________ KDE PIM mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/