List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim]  Re: Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10
From:       Jan_Kundrát <jkt () flaska ! net>
Date:       2013-05-07 17:19:18

On Tuesday, 7 May 2013 17:31:05 CEST, O. Sinclair wrote:
> With IMAP and Exchange (not supported by Kmail) you have to understand that
> location matters. Where connection is expensive and erratic you
> want your mail
> ON YOUR DEVICE where you can deal with drafts offline. Filter rules are on
> your device and should be.

This is interesting. I'm not suggesting that Trojita will work well for you at this \
time, but I'm pretty sure that there is no reason for not using IMAP, actually. Using \
IMAP will bring you the following benefits:

- a primary copy will be stored on your server as well, so that when your house gets \
                flooded or on fire, or when your PC gets stolen you won't lose your \
                data,
- you can set up your e-mail client to ignore all spam without ever having to fetch \
                it over your expensive link,
- you can access some of the data in the e-mail even before the big attachments are \
downloaded to your machine,

etc.

You are right that most IMAP e-mail clients are not particularly well-designed for \
offline modifications (like moving messages between folders); that is likely going to \
be a showstopper here. Perhaps Trojita will be able to do this in a few months.

With kind regards,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/