List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Did we reintroduce some performance issues with KDE 4.10?
From:       "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve () kolabsys ! com>
Date:       2013-01-30 14:07:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 30 January 2013 15.26:10 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> This seems to be related to the Activity Manager. I've been trying to debug
> it, and it seems that the ActivityManager has some synchronous dbus calls.

I see.

> I've been thinking along the same lines to a certain extent.
>
> For 4.10, I've released a new application called 'nepomukcleaner' which
> cleans up invalid/legacy/duplicate data in the Nepomuk DB. For 4.11, I'm
> going to spruce it up and make running it mandatory.

I think that's a good idea. A one-off "upgrade" process is clearly much more
acceptable than wiping data again and again.

Best regards,
Georg, who is running 'nepomukcleaner' as I am typing this. :)

--
Georg C. F. Greve
Chief Executive Officer

Kolab Systems AG				Wondering whether Kolab is for you?
Zürich, Switzerland				Find out at http://kolabsys.com/try

e: greve@kolabsys.com
t: +41 78 904 43 33
w: http://kolabsys.com