List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Interface to MS Exchange Server
From:       Thomas Schabetsberger <thomas () schabetsberger ! info>
Date:       2012-10-15 8:19:04

Dear all,

I have one question: What are the plans to support the MS Exchange server from
Kontact or Akonadi?

My team is using Linux / Kubuntu, but we are forced to do all the groupware
stuff with a Citrix connection to a Windows mashine with MS Outlook, since our
company uses the MS Exchange server. (Btw, I also do not see a really working
and reliable alternative for MS Exchange).

Right, I can fetch the emails using the IMAP protocol. But what about Calendar
and Contacts? I have tried davmail for translating the protocols, it is not an
alternative as its unstable, shuts down at least twice a day.

There are even Mobile Apps that can do the communication with MS Exchange very
well. Why is it not possible for Kontact (or Akonadi)?

When searching the Internet, I see that I am not alone with this big whish.
This Exchange support is announced since years! It seems that solutions are
always stucking in a prototype or technical feasability phase. I do not
understand this because usually KDE PIM developers are doing a really great
job.

Maybe its not objective, and you have a more accurate status on on such plans
to support the MS Exchange server?

Thank you and best regards,
Tom