List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kmail get slower and slower on loading mail content
From:       Colin Close <itchka () compuserve ! com>
Date:       2012-10-07 22:47:09

On Sunday 07 October 2012 21:00:42 Sven wrote:
> Hi There,
> =

> i'm using kmail v4.9.2 since the very first versions of kmail 2 so far.
> =

> Since the last month mail mail folders grow up to 6k mails at least in 4
> folders. But now fetching the mail content in mail view window takes even
> more time then in the past. Sometimes it takes up to 1-2 minutes then i c=
an
> see the mail content.
> =

> Now my questions:
> 1. did anyone else noticed the same behavior?
> 2. is there a way reiniting or tweaking akonadi mail tables without loosi=
ng
> any mails?
> =

> thanks in advance
> =

> Best Regards
> Sven A=DFmann
> =

Hi Sven,
Yes, I am getting this too I was with earlier versions too but in 4.9.2 it =
has =

become painfully slow. It is ironic that the main reason I signed up to thi=
s =

list was because of the deterioration in Kmail2. I had a hells own job to g=
et =

it going in the first place in the hope that things would improve but it se=
ems =

they are going backwards!!
Such is life, I will persevere in the hope someone will come up with a =

solution as I can't find one.
Best,
Colin Close