Recently I have noticed that when a new imap resource is created KMail will emit a notification sayinng "Resource is broken, this resource is now offline". What happens is that imapresource will change its status to Broken when trying to connect with an empty configuration (actually when imapServer is not configured). This is very unfortuante since the flow to create an akonadi resource is: 1-Create resource 2-Configure the resource Because of that we will be getting always the notification. Since I'm new in Akonadi world, I'm unsure what is the best way to fix this, I thought 2 possibilities: 1-Patch KMail so it will only emit the notifiction * if * the resource is online. 2-Patch imapresource to set the status to Idle 3-Add a new status "NotConfigured" and set imapresoruce to it. Personally I will go for 2, but again I don't really know if Idle means something more than "he agent does currently nothing.". Affected files: -kdepim/kmail/kmkernel.cpp agentInstanceBroken and instanceStatusChanged lines 1741 and 1736 -kdepim-runtime/resources/imap/imapresource.cpp startConnect : 208 Thanks and sorry if this email is not accurated ! _______________________________________________ KDE PIM mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/