List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KMail and "Broken" imap resource
From:       Alex Fiestas <afiestas () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-04-24 5:55:14

Recently I have noticed that when a new imap resource is created KMail will
emit a notification sayinng "Resource is broken, this resource is now
offline".

What happens is that imapresource will change its status to Broken when trying
to connect with an empty configuration (actually when imapServer is not
configured). This is very unfortuante since the flow to create an akonadi
resource is:

1-Create resource
2-Configure the resource

Because of that we will be getting always the notification.

Since I'm new in Akonadi world, I'm unsure what is the best way to fix this, I
thought 2 possibilities:

1-Patch KMail so it will only emit the notifiction * if * the resource is
online.

2-Patch imapresource to set the status to Idle

3-Add a new status "NotConfigured" and set imapresoruce to it.

Personally I will go for 2, but again I don't really know if Idle means
something more than "he agent does currently nothing.".

Affected files:
-kdepim/kmail/kmkernel.cpp
   agentInstanceBroken and instanceStatusChanged
   lines 1741 and 1736

-kdepim-runtime/resources/imap/imapresource.cpp
    startConnect : 208

Thanks and sorry if this email is not accurated !