On Friday 20 April 2012 7:22:41 AM Christian Mollekopf wrote: > Hey, > > I'm more or less done with refactoring the Kolab-Resource so it uses the > libkolab library, libkolab being the library implementing the kolab format. I > moved the old Kolab v2 implementation to libkolab as well, so libkolab can now > read and write kolab v2 and v3 transparently. This also means that the kolab > resource can already operate in v3 mode, I disabled the configuration interface > to enable this option for now though. > > There is also an upgrade option, which just re-writes all items with the new > format, also hidden by the config option. > > I'd like to merge the result into master soonish, so we have the new resource > available in 4.9, respectively when we're ready with Kolab 3.0. The codepaths > for v2 remained mostly unchanged, so I don't expect any instability there, and > I'm already using the resource since a couple of weeks in v2 mode. > If there are no objections the kolab resource will depend on libkolab from 4.9 > on, meaning it will simply not be built if libkolab can not be found. > > The repositories can be found here: > http://git.kolab.org/libkolab/ > http://git.kolab.org/libkolabxml/ > > libkolab lacks yet a stable release, but I will make one before end of april > (before the dependency freeze). > libkolabxml is a dependency of libkolab. Both are required to build the kolab > resource. > > The progress on the kolab resource can be seen here: > http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones%2Fkdepim- > runtime%2Fcmollekopf%2FpimRuntimeClone.git&a=shortlog&h=refs/heads/kolabresource > > Does anyone know where those new, optional dependencies would have to be > announced? > I think what Volker and I had decided was: - the new kolab libs should be an optional 3rdparty dependency - the kolab resource in kdepim-runtime will only be built if those optional dependencies are found. as for the announcement, give me the relevant info and I will handle that part. please let's get all this done before 3 May. Will rpms/deps be available for the new libs at kolab.org? -Allen _______________________________________________ KDE PIM mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/