List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] A sigh
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2012-01-29 9:42:01

S=F8ndag den 29. januar 2012 10:57:02 Andras Mantia skrev:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > You write in your first mail that you have a maildir resource pointing =
> > ~/Mail
> > Did this directory contain a mail dir structure at this point or was it
> > otherwise empty?
> =

> Just to explain more: first you need to know where your mails are/were in
> KMail1 times. This can be ~/Mail if you have a very old setup, or under
> $KDEHOME/share/apps/kmail . If you create a maildir account manually, you
> have to point to the right folder to see the mails.

Due to my traumatic experience with kdepim 4.6, I did a lot of preparation =
in =

the hope to achieve my goal:

Running kmail2 with mail stored in ~/Mail (a visible place that anyone can =
see =

and understand!)

* I archieved each level 1 folder using kmail (kmail1)
* I renamed ~/Mail to get it out of the way, serving both as extra backup a=
nd =

to start over, since the directory was in a bad shape after my last attempt =

with kmail2
* I made the akonadi maildir resource point to ~/Mail, which created a =

structure
~/Mail/
	/cur
	/new
	/tmp
Akonadi accepted that.

Starting kmail2 went fine (apart from partially broken migration, but I hav=
e =

added all configuration I want). My first action was to add my mail account=
s and =

check mails, and that worked flawless (no filters or anything at that point)

The conclusion is that akonadi was left to do what it wanted, given a path =
of =

~/Mail, and it obviously wanted to store the mail outside that, in =

~/.Mail.directory.

-- =

Anders