List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KDE 4.8, Virtuoso at 130% CPU for hours now - how can I help find the issue?
From:       "Georg C. F. Greve" <greve () kolabsys ! com>
Date:       2012-01-27 18:58:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

On a freshly installed Fedora FC16 with KDE 4.8 I set up my Kontact anew since
I figured maybe some issues were caused by migration cruft. Unfortunately, that
is apparently not so.

Virtuoso is the #1 resource hog on the machine, with 130% CPU constantly,
occasionally going to a whopping 160%, and has been doing this for hours now,
as well as over 200 MB of process memory. I've also seen MySQL go nuts on me
before, although not right now - with an uptime of three hours, mysqld has a
TIME+ ranking of 1:47.47. Virtuoso has 183:41.11.

I followed the advice of http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi and disabled Nepomuk
search as well as the Contact plugin, after which I restarted the machine. The
above numbers are *after* doing that.

Others, including Marcus Feilner, the journalist who shows up to the KDE PIM
meetings report the same issue, see
https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658/posts/XPQ8DGy5ahR

So I think it's time we do something about this...

...how can I help?

Is there anything in terms of debugging information I can provide that would
help you figure out the issue?

Best regards,
Georg

--