List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Nepomuk feeder queuing problem
From:       Michael Jansen <info () michael-jansen ! biz>
Date:       2012-01-17 16:37:19

On Monday, January 16, 2012 06:41:33 PM Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Hey Sebastian,
> =

> I don't see the problem with this as this timer just kickstarts the
> processing and can be called as many times as you want. The ItemQueue
> does the actual feeding of the data. The processing of the ItemQueue is
> triggered by the processItem() function which simply does nothing if
> called repeatedly (mRunningJobs > 0). processItem() is also the function
> which gets called if you call setOnline() or addItem(), but that
> shouldn't hurt as far as I can see.
> =

> So there should be at maximum two nepomuk jobs running at a time (one
> per ItemQueue).
> =

> Are you sure virtuoso is really going crazy? While indexing virtuoso
> takes all the cpu power it can get, but that seems normal to me. Also
> the indexing can take veeery long, so it's quite possible that users
> think virtuoso just went crazy.

No. I am sometimes sitting besides my desktop working on my laptop and enjo=
y =

virtuoso going crazy and stopping by just listening into the fan. So i put =
a =

top up and glimpsed over to see what happens.

It will go to 80-180% cpu for some time, then go back to normal, nearly all=
 of =

the time. It never stops doing that here. Usually i was able to find out  t=
he =

culprit by just looking at top. Another process was usually right behind =

virtuoso in cpu usage.

We fixed most of these problems.

This time it is different. Only virtuoso does it. Some akonadi process seem=
 to =

hover at 3-5% for me but not really sure if there is any relation.

I have no clue if it is related. But on session login i enjoy virtuoso,  =

nepomukstorage, kontact and akonadi_nepomukfeeder go onto a minutes long cp=
u =

and io burning session. I plan to have a look during the next days what is =
the =

reason for that.

Mike

-- =