List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Re: alarms from plasma
From:       David Jarvie <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-27 23:04:10

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 20:56:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi :)
>
> i've taken on what i hope to be a small-ish task: adding the ability to set
> alarms from clock plasmoids.
>
> i took a look at kalarm to see what kinds of integration opportunities there
> would be and quickly got lost within its 47k LOC. :)
>
> since this feels very much like PIM stuff and we have had good results with
> the calendar integration, i decided to come to experts (you!) and ask:
>
> if you were to recommend a way to do this, what would you say?
>
> is there an alarms standard within akonadi?
>
> an alarm related feature set i should be aware of?
>
> how should this work in an akonadi world where kontact desktop or touch and
> plasma desktop or active co-mingle?
>
> i look forward to your insights .. thanks.

I've been working on converting KAlarm to Akonadi, but it still had too many rough \
edges to include in KDE 4.7. It's in generally reasonable shape now, and should be in \
4.8. All the Akonadi stuff in master is still under the kalarm directory - one of the \
todo items is to move the Akonadi resources and associated access library to \
kdepim-runtime and kdepimlibs once it's working properly.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.