List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim]  Akonadi::ContactSearchJob
From:       Klaas Freitag <freitag () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-03-04 10:10:52

Hi,

I am trying to get Krafts Addressbook integration to work again and
experience problems with Akonadi::ContactSearchJob. The returned
list is always empty. Akonadi is running fine according to akonadiconsole,
an addressbook and a nepomuk contact feeder is there and ready, I can
browse the addresses in the akonadiconsole. Kaddressbook works fine, no
akonadi-related errors are shown in kraft's application output.

This is the code I am basically using:

===

void AddressProvider::getAddressee( const QString& uid )
{
  Akonadi::ContactSearchJob *job = new Akonadi::ContactSearchJob();
  job->setLimit( 100 );
  job->setQuery( Akonadi::ContactSearchJob::ContactUid , uid );
  connect( job, SIGNAL(result(KJob*)), this, SLOT(searchResult(KJob* )));

}

void AddressProvider::searchResult( KJob* job )
{
  Akonadi::ContactSearchJob *searchJob =
qobject_cast<Akonadi::ContactSearchJob*>( job );

  if( searchJob->error() ) {
    kDebug() << "Address search job failed: " << job->errorString();
    return;
  }

  const KABC::Addressee::List contacts = searchJob->contacts();
  if( contacts.size() > 0 )  {
    emit addresseeFound( contacts[0] );
  } else {
    kDebug() << "Akonadi search result list has size of 0";
  }
}

====
copied more or less from the api docs.
The result is  "Akonadi search result list has size of 0" all the
time, regardless of what is queried for, even if I search for email which
is existing.

Any help is appreciated, I am stuck. Is that still supposed to work? How
would I debug it?

Thanks,

Klaas

KDE Version is 4.6.00 on openSUSE 11.3 with these package versions:
freitag@trixa:~/kde/kraft/src> rpm -qa | grep akonadi
akonadi-runtime-1.4.95-79.2.x86_64
libakonadi4-4.6.0-201.1.x86_64
libakonadiprotocolinternals1-1.4.95-79.2.x86_64
libakonadiprotocolinternals-devel-1.4.95-79.2.x86_64