List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Proposal for a solution for bug 77862
From:       Guy Maurel <guy.j () maurel ! de>
Date:       2010-06-13 16:46:25

On Monday 24 May 2010 22:13:42 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,

> Is this the same connection then or was the socket closed in the meantime, and
> then a new socket with a new connection opened?
I think that this way is not the good one.
As the kio_imap is written as a "Qt blocking mode", we will have everytime to do
with some timeouts.
So I am looking for a new approach.

As the problem occurs as we try to write  or to read to/from the server, over the
IP-Address, let us try to do anything BEFORE.

I make some tests and wrote a very little class which store the IP-Address
we are aktual using, and test if this address is still available. This for IP-V4 and IP-V6.
So we could use this "available"-information BEFORE each writting or reading.
This works pretty fine.

I thought, I could use a method which is allready written, such as "closeConnection"
or "disconnectFromHost"... but they seem not to be appropriated.
Do you have any idea, what could be better?

Thanks
--
guy