List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Review Request: Migrate KMail's "Include in manual
From:       Casey Link <casey () kdab ! com>
Date:       2010-06-08 23:53:24

> Right, I thought about that as well.
> But I am neither an expert on models not delegates so this was easier to
> implement for the first take.

Indeed.. your solution is *much* simpler.

> I guess one needs a proxy model that add the options' data as additional
> roles and/or columns?
Yup, this is precisely it.  I've been cooking up a working solution for the
past couple hours, and it's almost done.  When complete I'll post a patch.

I'm trying to do it without modifying Akonadi::AgentInstanceWidget, and that
is proving tough, but I'll get it.

> Or can the delegate just access arbitrary additional data, in the sense of
> this not being a hack?

No, not without being very, very hacky.

Best,
Casey