List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Plugin Question re Kontact Headers
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-06 14:32:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 06 September 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 06 September 2009 12:58:24 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Quite frankly, what's the point in having two different mail
> > components for Kontact.
>
> Having alternative mail components to suit different needs would seem
> to be a very useful attribute for kontact.

I disagree. What different needs? If there is one mail component suiting
one group's needs and another mail component suiting a second group's
needs then there will inevitably be a third group who need a few
features of the first mail component and a few of the other component.
And, of course, every member of this third group will need different
features from both components.

If anything, then it should be possible to customize the one and only
mail component that is part of Kontact so that it fits almost
everybody's needs.

Regards,
Ingo