List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kdepim runtime
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-16 14:48:09

On Thursday 07 May 2009 5:47:03 pm Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi DIrk, *
>
> As discussed today, we would like to have a kdepim-runtime tarball, we would like \
> to have it contain the content of /trunk/KDE/kdepim/akonadi. It should be able to \
> compile stand alone and only contains the stuff that is a runtime dependency for \
> akonadi application.
> That way for example Mailody can depend on that package instead of depending on the \
> whole of kdepim.
> We should decide about the renaming kdepim/akonadi to kdepim/runtime/akonadi or we \
> could create a kdepim-runtime next to kdepim as top level folder. I really don't \
> care about what solution will be taken as I can not oversee the build consequences \
> at all. So I think the experts should give their opinion about that.
> I hope we can do this for the 4.3 releases. Does not have to be for the tagged beta \
> of course, althought that would be nice for the packagers to adapt to the change.

PIMSters,
How are we doing on this?

The RC1 tagging is coming in about 1 week.
We need a complete separation of kdepim-runtime code in place before then.

Last I heard, there were still 2 blockers of stuff in kdepim/akonadi that was
dependent on other areas in kdepim.

Please advise on the status of this project.

-Allen