List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kdepim support for google calendar and contacts
From:       Adenilson Cavalcanti <savagobr () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-04-17 11:42:20

Dear Dotan Cohen

How are you doing?
> -)

> Thanks, Adenilson. I cannot watch the videos at the moment,
> so I'll
> ask. Where is the "master copy" of the contacts /
> events stored? I use
> Korganizer / Kaddressbook extensively and I would like to
> be able to
> read it's data over the 'net via google, however, I
> would like to know
> that the changes and updates to the data are made locally
> (withing
> Kontact) and then propagated out to Google.

Yes, they are. When an akonadi client UI (e.g. kontact using proxy plugin) do an \
operation (being add/edit/delete), it will be passed to akonadi server and then \
passed to the googledata resource.

It will then do the aforementioned operation with google server. Not only that, but \
if anything changes on google server, next time when akonadi server starts, the \
resources will query by changes from google server and replicate the changes locally \
(keeping the data in sync).

The videos show the whole process in a more 'graphical' way.

Best regards

Adenilson