On Friday 27 February 2009 16:12:17 Adenilson Cavalcanti wrote: > Support for other services (e.g. notes) could be easily added, the > only thing that is missing is man-power since is a one-man spare time > project (and I have myself other pet-projects to take care, e.g. Amora) Hopefully I can give you a hand with some of this. > Now that Qt 4.5 will have XQuery/XPath full support it should be easy > to write a qtgcal/libqgcal/libqtgcal (or whatever name could be > fancier) to free us from libxml/libcurl dependencies (which themself > are well tested and multiplatform libraries present in practically all > linux distributions...). > > Basically is a matter of rewriting the code, but the tough part > (understanding the protocol, writing the XPath expressions, etc) is > already done. Sounds good! > I just started libgcal because at that moment I was not aware of any > well documented and actively mantained C/C++ library implementing > google data protocols. > > *But* with a desktop user perspective, I think is more important to > complete the akonadi resource to have something working (maybe for the > upcoming KDE 4.3), which lead us to the next topic. > > c) akonadi resource: it (please look in playground/pim/googledata) already > support most of operations for google contacts (get/add/edit/delete) > and is pretty stable (I have tested it with more than 500 contacts > without any hicup). It uses KWallet to store the user account details > and has a Qt based dialog for user account details input. > > What is missing now is: > * Contact photo support (protocol part is done, is all about integration); > * Retrieve server side changes (query by updated is already implemented in > libgcal) * Proxy support (libgcal already has it, is a matter of getting > the proxy from the desktop environment); > * Support for google calendar (again, is a matter of adding the code > to call libgcal). > * Support for more fields; > * Further testing; > So gentleman, there are lot of work to be done, and definitely > contributions are welcome. Anyone that is interested in the subject > and want to help can contact me (irc: Savago, email: > cavalcantii-at-gmail-dot-com). Sign me up! I guess from my point of view it would be good to implement as much of the Google Data API in libgcal or the libgcal-qt replacement, such as using things like Blogger and Notebook too. At the moment though I'm fairly easy on either helping with the Akonadi resource or libgcal rewrite or libgcal as-is (I've written more C than C++). Please just let me know if you want to chat on irc (mikearthur) or where you'd like help so I can get stuck in! -- Cheers, Mike Arthur http://mikearthur.co.uk/ _______________________________________________ KDE PIM mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/