List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] A new class of "Personal Information Manager"
From:       Mike Arthur <mike () mikearthur ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-12-07 22:36:33

On Friday 28 November 2008 18:33:58 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Yes, your ideas make a lot of sense to me. Many of them are also part of
> the explicit goals of nepomuk and/or akonadi.
>
> From your description, it looks like an this stuff would make extensive use
> of Nepomuk, because those semantic links is what Nepomuk is all about.
>
> It is also something that akonadi could be used for.
I've been thinking this for a while. To me "personal information management"
is all about integration between a bunch of different information sources to be
able to quickly get data from one to another. With this in mind and with the
new capabilities Akonadi and Nepomuk provide us with it would be cool to think
of ways we can e.g. make an emailed natural language party invitation into a
calendar entry with a single click.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur