List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Akonadi D-Bus interface renaming: remaining issues
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-05-10 15:09:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi folks,

earlier this week I renamed our (Akonadi's) D-Bus interfaces from org.kde to
org.freedesktop namespace to avoid anybody seeing that as a KDE dependency.

While doing that I encountered the one currently used between server and tray:
org.freedesktop.akonaditray

For those not following the development that closely, this basically allows
the server, resources and agents to get some parent window when they need to
open a window/dialog or to send notifications to.

The current implementation is a system tray application (kdepim/akonadi/tray)
since this is known to work on all desktop environments.

However, a system tray is a specific implementation of this service, e.g.
others might want to implement it as a Plasmoid or GNOME panel applet, so I'd
prefer to have a more generic name for the service and its interface.

Therefore I'd like to ask for suggestions, probably something like
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.UserInterface
or
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.WindowPeer

Cheers,