List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.1?
From:       Till Adam <till () kdab ! net>
Date:       2008-05-03 11:26:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 16:56:59 Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008 15:57:50 Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 April 2008 07:04:13 Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> > > Which apps are ready? KMail and KOrganizer, I gather? How about
> > > KAddressbook? Knotes? Akregator? That would make for a good PIM (it's
> > > the apps I use anyway ;-)).
> > >
> > > Not that I was able to try them, yet...
> >
> > Some folks say KMail is ready.  I'm not so sure.
>
> Specifically?

It's at least usable, at least with online IMAP.

> > Kaddressbook is pretty bad, IMO.

Specifically?

> > Kleopatra is maintained by KDAB, so I guess it will be ready.

All the new (and the old functionality) has to be done by Linuxtag.

> > KOrganizer is pretty bad and so is Kontact (the summaries suck
> > and some of the plugins are broken).

KOrganizer doesn't look so bad to me. What's specificaly wrong with it, in your
mind?

> What's KDAB's take on kdepim core apps' readiness, since AFAIK they are
> working to make 'Kontact' work and soon?

Yes we are. It's not as stable and polished as the 3.5 Version yet, but it's
certainly usable. And will become more so over the next weeks, as we continue
to straighten out all three platforms.

> > And, the various kresources for groupware, kolab, scalix, slox, etc...
> > who knows.  We need testers for those.

Kolab works, at least for test loads. Scalix I would expect to work too, or at
least to be easily fixable, since it exercises a lto of the same code.

Till

--
Till Adam
KDAB - platform independent software services