List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] ebn fixes: pass-by-value function args
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-11 20:50:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 11 June 2007 20:34, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> On Sunday 10 June 2007 wrote Ingo Klöcker:
> > On Tuesday 05 June 2007 20:42, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> > > Attached is a patch that (hopefully) fixes the pass-by-value
> > > issues found by krazy.
> > > Please review and commit, if it's ok.
> >
> > Thanks a bunch for this huge patch. In principal the patch looks
> > good, but there are a few caveats:
> > a) The signature changes must not break method-overloading, i.e.
> > the signature changes must be applied to all occurrences of the
> > methods in the whole class hierarchy. Otherwise those changes will
> > break polymorphism.
> >
> > b) If the signature of a slot is changed the signature of the
> > signal this slot is connected to must also be changed.
>
> OK. Second try on my first patch :-)
> I went through all my changes and checked the points mentioned above.
> Hope I got it right, please review. Especially the signal/slots part,
> as I'm still relatively new to the Qt stuff.

Excellent. AFAICS you forgot only
      SubscriptionDialog( QWidget *parent,
                          const QString &caption,
                          KAccount* acct,
                          QString startPath = QString() );
in subscriptiondialog.h.

I have committed your patch. You might want to apply for an svn-account
(http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account) so that you can
commit your next changes yourself.

Regards,
Ingo