Michael S. Mikowski wrote: > Hi Jan and Everyone: > > I don't run a development version of KDE, this being work and all. But > this patch is probably useful enough for me to give it a go. Could you > please send me pointers on compiling and testing? Its been at least a > year since I've compiled KDE using Konstruct. So while I'm not a > complete newbie, some fresh pointers would be nice :) I could compile > this weekend and test next week. > Don't know about Ubuntu, but for Debian this is the easiest way: get the source: $ apt-get source kdepim get the build dependencies (compilers, libraries, etc.) $ sudo apt-get build-dep kdepim apply the patch $ cd kdepim-3.5.6_ $ patch < exchange-.diff build the packages $ debuild -i -us -uc install the changed packages $ cd .. $ sudo dpkg -i kmail*.deb $ sudo dpkg -i korganizer*.deb Instead of applying the patch directly to the source tree, you can also copy the diff to debian/patches. Put a number at the beginning of the file name (like the other paches have). Since the patch will be applied with -p1, you need to add an extra path element to the front of the directory names: +++ old/kmail/..... --- new/kmail/..... Good luck Jan-Pascal _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim kde-pim home page at http://pim.kde.org/