List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Introduction of myself
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-05 19:47:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:33:39PM +0200, Tobias Klein wrote:
> Hey kde-pim hackers,
Hi Tobias,

> I think it is also important to
> do as much refactoring as possible and identify those parts of the
> API which are broken by design due to their long development
> history ;-).
ACK, ACK, ACK! ;)

> A good approach would be to separate gui-views
> consequently from the underlieing data models (MVC) and prepare the
> integration with akonadi.
That sounds really good, especially the views in KAddressBook and
KOrganizer should be ported to QAbstractItemViews; maybe with some
additional eye candy?

For the moment you could implement a dummy model which provides some
static contact/event data (Cornelius, have you implemented one for
KAgenda?)

> I was told by Tobias König that there are not
> so many devs active at the moment.
Right, also this has improved after Akademy, Bertjan and you have joined
and some other guys have asked on the list as well.

Kontact and KOffice are the most important applications for KDE in the
business area, and that's where we can make points with good support for
ODF and kiosk mode, so we should try to bring everything in a good shape
for KDE 4.x

> Besides that I have experience with Java, Python and Webdevelopment.
No Aadrian, he will not maintain our website ;)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!