List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Status of libkholidays_ng
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-25 14:59:58

On Sunday 24 September 2006 13:42, you wrote:
> Allen Winter,
> Hello, I was wondering if the design laid out in
> trunk/playground/pim/libkholidays_ng is still the latest plan for updating
> handling of holidays for KDE, or if some new idea has taken its place?  I
> noticed that the last commits were a little over a year ago, so I wasn't
> certain the status of this project.

Hi Brian,

I don't know.  Are you offering to help?

Yes, I really want to work on a new holidays library.  But we are so darn busy
and have such limited manpower in the PIM project these days.

At this point I'd be happy to have the lunar phases, equinoxes, solstices, and zodiac
classes cleaned-up and made operational.

I don't recall the status of that kxml_compiler with RelaxNG schema stuff.

Reinhold figured out how to make some changes to the yacc/lex parser
for the old plan format, and he wrote a GUI tool to read/write that format,
so there is the possibility of sticking with the old holiday file format.

So.. I just don't know what will happen with holidays_ng.
It ain't dead yet.  But it does need someone to give it CPR.

Regards,
Allen