List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Frequent crashes - backtrace posting?
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2006-09-15 8:31:04

On Thursday 14 September 2006 18:45, thorsten@staerk.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my favorite way to get backtraces is bugs.kde.org - here, the maintainer
> is informed automatically and the issue can be tracked till it is
> resolved.

Yes. So the first step is to sort out those backtraces to eliminate duplicates,
before posting any bugs with them. See also the "backtrace dupe finder" on bugs.kde.org

The problem with blindly posting backtraces though, is that they lack instructions
on how to trigger the crash... this makes them basically useless since we can't test
the fix to know if we have really fixed the crash.

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects