List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Accessing calendars over an ssh connection
From:       Bram Schoenmakers <bramschoenmakers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-08-25 6:40:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Op donderdag 24 augustus 2006 22:50, schreef Madhu Saravana Sibi Govindan:

Hi,

this kind of questions.

> Hello all,
>
> I have a calendar file in my departmental server. I want to access
> this calendar file from my home desktop using korganizer via ssh. I
> googled around for this and I know that this is possible with kioslave
> plugins(?). But, I couldn't find instructions as to how to configure
> this. Is it true that this can be done? Could someone tell me or point me
> to the relevant instructions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> G.Sibi
>
> PS: Hi Schumacher, sorry for the duplicate message :)

That is possible, with fish:// .
Go to KOrganizer, add a new resource and select the Calendar in Remote File.
From the dialog you see, specify the URL to the calendar, for example:
fish://user@host/path/to/calendar.ics

Of course, when you make sure your public key is known at the server side, it
makes working with your calendar more comfortable. It won't ask for username
and password everytime.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

--