List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [UPDATE] kdepimlibs and libkcal
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-22 17:59:33

On Monday 17 July 2006 11:34, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 17:12 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > >
> > > Because for the conversion from UTC to the timezone given in the calendar
> > > file, I use icaltime_from_timet_with_zone. There is no kcal method for
> > > this, because the ical time zone array is kept in libical.
> > > But yeah, the file even has a comment:
> > > //TODO: should not call libical functions directly -- better to make
> > > //      a new libkcal abstraction method.
> >
> > Would you be able to/have time to make the kcal abstraction method?
> > Else, would someone else have the time to work on this?
>
> They are already stand-alone static methods inside the WebdavHandler class, so
> we can simply move them to some more appropriate class inside libkcal.
>
> Looking at libkcal, I don't see an obvious class for them, so maybe we should
> simply add a KCalHelper class where we can put such methods.

I believe the utcAsZone() and zoneAsUtc() methods in kdepim/kresources/lib/webdavhandler
should be moved into David's ICalTimeZone class.

David: what do think?   Would you do the move please?  You know your class much better
than I do.   I bet those methods can be rewritten in a much nicer fashion using existing
ICalTimeZone methods.

Regards,
-Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE